AC Repairs in Dallas, Plano & Frisco
When your air conditioner does not turn on or you hear a weird sound while it’s running, it’s time to start looking for an AC repair contractor you can trust. If your system is less than 10 years old, then it’s advisable to look at your AC repair options before you start thinking about replacing it with a new one.
What Causes My AC to Break?
Knowing the potential reasons for your unit’s failure will make it much easier and faster to repair. Here is a list of the most common AC unit malfunctions or damages:
- Low Refrigerant – Usually caused by undercharging during installation or leaks. If you are experiencing either, do not try to fix the problem yourself. Contact a trained comfort specialist to have it fixed.
- Poor Maintenance – It is important to keep all your appliances, systems, and units checked and maintained consistently. Irregular check-ups often lead to dust and dirt buildup; this can clog the unit’s fans, and thus, reduce the functionality of your unit. Getting your system cleaned and tuned up from time to time will remedy the situation.
- Electric Control Failure – Turning your unit on and off can wear out its compressor and fan controls. Because of this, the wires and terminals within your AC can begin to corrode. You should contact professional air conditioning services to fix this problem.
- Sensor Problems – This sensor is located behind the unit’s control panel. It measures the temperature of air coming into the evaporator coil. If this system is damaged or removed from your AC, the machine could cycle constantly or behave erratically.
- Drainage Problems – This problem usually occurs when it becomes humid outside. Always check the condensate drain to make sure it isn’t clogged.
Contact Advanced Home Comfort for AC Unit Repairs
Cleaning your unit can be easy, depending on the model, but AC repair can be a difficult job. Yes, it is true that you can fix your units through do-it-yourself methods, especially if the problem is simple to fix. But if you want a safe, well-executed, and professional repair job, call Advanced Home Comfort, and we will do just that. Although we specialize in servicing and installing Trane units, our contractors are qualified to handle any make or model of AC system.
Ever since the early 1900s, our company has been the go-to AC repair service for the surrounding areas of Dallas, Plano, Irving, Garland, McKinney, Mesquite, Frisco, Carrollton, Richardson, Lewisville, Flower Mound, TX. We know how to turn your home into a four-walled structure that can work for you! With an Advanced Home Comfort system, you will be able to lower your carbon footprint, consume less energy, and make your home’s environment even more livable.